Thursday, September 25, 2008





Yippie :) she's done...my show and tell fairy, now elf lol. She has a little red santa hat created by hand from velvet fabric with a little lace fabric on the end forming the white puff. her hair was created with viscose in auburn red color at shoulder length. eyes were painted green and her facial features as well were painted with genesis heat seat oil paints. Her little outfit is hand painted with green tones from genesis heat set paint oils and she wears a created by hand little red velvet vest to match her hat. She is holding a tiny stocking filled with goodies, she is planning to help santa pin it up on a deserving childs mantle for Christmas time :) She only measures approx. 3" in height from her seated pose and fits right in the palm of my hand. she's an itty bitty tiny sculpt :) I've finally found her name as well, as I said they generally give me their name once they are completed. This ones name is " half pint" because she is so small. She was such fun to create!
She is my 80th sculpture...I've been sculpting for awhile now, and I wanted my 80th one to be unique and different from the others I usually create...and she really fits the number 80 beneath the clovers sculpt slot!! being as I usually create more fairies than anything else...she became a special holiday elf instead...and boy am I glad she did. I just don't think she would have had the same appeal as a fairy. elfkin hood really fits her!
Well there she is...and I'll be spending some extra time on my new fairy work in progress which I posted this morning...She will be on a base so I have to get that going and finish her up. she is in the oven now!! genesis paints are curing...so it will be time to create her some clothing soon and I'll begin progressing on her base soon. :)

No comments: