Saturday, September 27, 2008

fairy is finished :)



Well, she's finally done, got her all sculpted and the genesis paints have been cured and set, and she's all clothed and has a base :) I had alot of fun with this one. She is my very first standing fairy!! and my 81st sculpture. I got a bit carried away with her fabric clothing!! but it was fun. she wears faux suede leather boots, a silk top and skirt adorned with a faux suede leather belt and shoulder fringe. she wears a little tiara of fabric flowers, has viscose long way hair, blue eyes, and fabric wire wings. She is removable from her little grassy base, she is standing on a trail path of clay rocks :) and carries a wooden staff adorned with fringe fabrics and an acorn top. her staff was painted and sealed with a mixture of gold pearl ex powder and 3d crystal lacquer to give it shine and a touch of lively color. base is wood plaque covered with a mixture of yellow, brown, copper, and three different green tones of clay. her one hand is extended to hold her staff in front of her, while the other is behind her back.

I've named her "Shiatika" which was the name of one of my favorite places in Sitka Alaska where I lived as a child, and still consider it my home. She is a cold climate forest fairy guide. So dressed like that she had to have a special name...and I chose one very dear to my heart :)

No comments: