Thursday, September 25, 2008

another work in progress fairy



here is another fairy I started the other day, I've gotten ahead of myself here, I'm not done with the other one yet, but I do tend to do that, get a couple going at once, so I can paint them both when they are completed, this is something a little bit different for me, she is going to be standing on a base I am going to be creating for her...my first actual standing fairy. As you can see I've started the upper portion of her body, and I've mentioned before that I generally don't do the arms until last, But since she will be standing I want the upper portion just right and cured so I can position her legs correctly onto her base, her legs will be sculpted onto her wire armature, and there will be a rod in one of them to help her stand, as the other leg will be posed behind that one. I am in the process of creating her arms and hands right now, one arm has been cured to the elbow but the upper portion is being sculpted and not cured yet. :) her hands have wire armatures so they will look more realistic since she is a larger sculpt. with the larger sculpts I like to use wire armatures for the hands, this way they are stronger, especially in the case that their arm may be in a lifted pose such as this one. we don't want any broken fingers!! :)
I like her face and her legs should come together very easily once I've completed her upper body :)

No comments: